Sikorsky CH-53K Helicopter
TRUE HEAVY LIFT
A 50 YEAR LEGACY OF HEAVY LIFT SOLUTIONS
The CH-53K King Stallion advances Sikorsky’s 50 years of manufacturing and operational success with its CH-53A, CH-53D/G, and CH-53E predecessors. Built to thrive on the modern battlefield, including shipboard operations, the CH-53K aircraft is designed to be intelligent, reliable, low maintenance and survivable in the most austere and remote forward operating bases.
The CH-53K helicopter has been designed and built to the exacting standards of the U.S. Marine Corps (USMC) and will serve as its critical land and sea based logistics connector. The new heavy lifter will allow the U.S. Marine Corps and international militaries to move troops and equipment from ship to shore, and to higher altitude terrain, more quickly and effectively than ever before.
21st CENTURY DESIGN
Designed with state-of-the-art digital tools
MODERN GLASS COCKPIT
FLY-BY-WIRE FLIGHT CONTROLS REDUCE PILOT WORKLOAD
HIGH-EFFICIENCY 4TH GEN COMPOSITE ROTOR BLADES
LOW-MAINTENANCE ELASTOMERIC ROTOR HEAD
INTEGRATED VEHICLE HEALTH MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (IVHMS) LIFE-CYCLE MANAGEMENT
LIGHTER, STRONGER COMPOSITE AIRFRAME STRUCTURE
AUTOMATED BLADE FOLD
SINGLE, DUAL AND TRIPLE EXTERNAL CARGO HOOK CAPABILITY
POWERFUL NEW ENGINES
The CH-53K helicopter is the best choice for handling missions like humanitarian aid, troop transport, casualty evacuation (CASEVAC), support of special operations forces, and combat search and rescue (CSAR). No matter the mission, the aircraft provides the highest degree of safety for its crew and occupants in all conditions.
EXTERNAL CARGO HANDLING
The CH-53K can carry a 12.200 kg/27,000 lb external load over 204 km /110 nautical miles in high/hot conditions (33°C/91.5°F at an altitude of 914m/3,000 feet), which is more than triple the external load carrying capacity of the CH-53E aircraft.
WATCH: SIKORSKY CH-53K KING STALLION LIFTS FIRST EXTERNAL LOAD
A CABIN FOR ALL HEAVY LIFT MISSIONS
With its external lift capabilities, and a wider cabin (30 cm/12 in), the CH-53K is the ideal choice for transporting more cargo or troops with fewer trips. The larger cabin is able to carry 463L pallets and High-Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicles (HMMWVs) which offers flexible configurations for maximum mission effectiveness, and facilitates loading/unloading of cargo without reconfiguring and removing troop seating.
STAY INFORMED: THE LATEST NEWS ON THE CH-53K KING STALLION
Vertical Magazine, Jan. 24
IDE Initial Access Process – NAVAIR Users
- To request initial access to the Heavy Lift CH-53K IDE follow the below procedure.
- Each person who requires access to the IDE must request an individual account.
- Complete and submit this form: IDE Heavy Lift /CH-53K Access Request Form.
- On submittal an email notification will be sent to the Sikorsky IDE System Administrator with your request for access.
- The Sikorsky IDE System Administrator will forward your request to the appropriate organizational approver.
- Once the request has been approved, you will be sent an “AccessLM account Invitation.”
- You must fully complete the AccessLM account procedure.
- After you complete the AccessLM process, the IDE staff will complete your account configuration for the CH53K IDE and send you an email upon completion.